We Can’t Stop Laughing Over This Graphic Designer Who Takes Requests For Photoshop Edits Too Literally
James Fridman is a graphic designer from London and he can doctor a photo in just about every way imaginable. With more than 1.56 million followers on Twitter, Fridman has amassed an enormous online fan base over the years. The fame brought with it numerous requests to change the appearance of various photos in different ways. One day, Fridman decided to grant some of those requests, brilliantly merging his design expertise with an astute sense of witty humor. His edits always addressed the requests themselves, but not in the way his fans might have expected. Read on to check out his masterful work. Spoiler alert: literal interpretations are pretty hilarious.
1. You know what they say about karma. These two ladies were crushing on the same guy, and the one on the right had what seemed like a brilliant plan to eliminate her competition. Spellcheck could have helped here.
2. This couple’s fairy-tale love photo would have been perfect if they were sitting closer to the center of the bench. But seeing that Photoshop wiz James Fridman takes everything literally, they should have known that “I’m” and “we’re” mean different things!
3. We get it, weight-lifting culture has taken the world by storm and everyone wants to look like Vin Diesel. But men like him practically live at the gym. Photoshop can’t replace hard-earned progress.
4. The first picture is pretty perfect as is. She’s centered across the frame, dressed fabulously and smiling toward… well, something. That’s when James Fridman decided to give her the requested wings, and in turn give us all something to smile about.
5. It’s such a bummer when a a photo comes out perfectly but something in the background ruins the moment. Like any good Photoshop editor, James misinterpreted this young lady’s request to fix her photo, and the results were exactly what she’d asked for. Thank goodness for the ambiguity of language.
6. This group of pals must have been living it up at some major event – in a platonic way, though. And the two on the right wanted to clarify that it was just that. So in his signature fashion, James Fridman was able to lend a hand, or in this case… a foot.
7. It’s not entirely clear what this young woman was expecting when she asked graphic designer extraordinaire Jame Fridman to edit her photo to make her boyfriend appear wealthy, but this is what she got. Hopefully her man doesn’t mind the nickname. It’s all about specific, people!
8. It’s normal for adolescents to wish they were older, perhaps because the mystery behind adulthood makes it seem more glamorous than it actually is. Through Photoshop, James Fridman taught these girls to be careful what they wish for.
9. This young woman’s prom date probably wasn’t so happy when he saw what James Fridman did with this photo – at her request. Okay, so she didn’t mean for it to come out that way. But, technically the request was fulfilled.
10. To adapt the old adage: the brothers who play tennis together, stay together. But when these siblings wanted James Fridman to edit the shot so they’d appear in the same outfit, he obliged to their request, of course giving it a more literal manifestation than they’d intended.
11. When requesting something a Photoshop edit from a busy professional, it’s of the utmost importance to be as specific as possible, with out room for ambiguous interpretation. Otherwise, you could end up being grossly misunderstood, like this young woman who was editing to look more like Rob Kardashian than any of his glamorous sisters.
12. It isn’t always easy to keep up with the ever-evolving makeup trends of the social media age, so it’s totally understandable that this young lady asked for some Photoshop help. For the viewing pleasure of the Internet, though, the results came out less like a makeup touch-up and more like a classroom mess up.
13. No one can blame this guy for wanting his girlfriend’s eyes to be closed in a photo of them kissing. Locking lips with your eyes open is just one of those lines you don’t cross. Enter James Fridman and his hysterically tongue-in-cheek solution.
14. As natural as body hair is, it’s not always so fun when takes up such a significant swath of a summer photo of your boyfriend. So this Twitter user appealed for a Photoshop solution by James Fridman. And all we can say is – that’s one way to do it.
15. It’s true that individuals are self-conscious about things other people don’t even notice. This young woman, for example, got it into her head that her face was a little too round. So James Fridman had some fun with the situation.
16. Although Teletubbies were designed to entertain children, they have apparently generated a great deal of fear among some people over the years. And the truth is, being chased by the children’s TV characters would more likely than not extract a response like the one James Fridman saw fit in this Photoshop edit.
17. When dealing with Photoshop edits, we’re sure graphic designer James Fridman has had his fair share of out-of-this-world requests. Well, in this case, the flipped the logic and voilà! Sorry, no intergalactic backgrounds around here. We hope she at least had a chuckle over the creative interpretation.
18. We don’t always plan our photos, and the woman in the middle seems to have upset her friend with the direction of her glance. Unfortunately, James Fridman might have created a bigger (albeit funnier) problem with his solution. Technically, though, he did what she asked.
19. This girlfriend apparently didn’t accept her partner’s proportions for what they were, so our ever-favorite cheeky Photoshop pro decided to teach her a little lesson, of course all in the name of humor.
20. This girl was perfectly satisfied with her selfie, except for one thing. The position of her hand was a little random. The graphic designer disagreed, and thus offered her a different solution with a clever caption.
21. Listen, some people just don’t smile with their mouth open. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. However, that’s not what this Twitter user felt when she sent this snap to the Photoshop wiz. Not quite the aesthetic she was likely going for, but that’s one way to get another set of pearly whites in the frame.
22. Although bald shaming is never acceptable, no one can argue that this man’s cranium kind of ruins this shot. That’s not to say the designer’s Photoshop edit is any less distracting.
23. This guy should have been content with earning his degree – it’s no easy feat. Instead, he wanted to have his cake and eat it too. It takes years of hard work to afford a super expensive luxury car, man! Hey, nothing easy comes free.
24. Say it with us: context is key. James Fridman took some liberty in interpenetrating this guy’s message, but who’s to say it won’t help him with his goal of attracting the ladies? Even making sure to use capital case isn’t safe when it comes to this Photoshop maverick.
25. Sweet sibling shots are a great way to promote your values on dating apps. Then again, you need to clarify which of the bunch you are. As such, the brother on the left wanted a Photoshop edit to make the distinction. We wonder what Tinder would take of it?
26. Municipal signs might not be the most visually-pleasing in social media-worthy pictures, but they’re place where they are for good reason. Upon request for an edit, Fridman decided to show this woman how her picture might have looked had the sign she objected to not been there. Funny – check. Clever – check.
27. The brilliant caption Fridman provided to accompany his graphic design work here proves he is also a clever copywriter. Fridman was able to eliminate this girl’s problem with Photoshop while throwing in a poetic touch. To be honest, we’re not sure which version is more likely to ‘start anything.’
28. This girl somehow got it into her head that she isn’t perfect the way she is, and rather than going for some kind of snarky edit, James decided to respond like any kind human being should. Needless to say, Twitter loved it.
29. Who came up with the idea that a girl should be shorter than her boyfriend? James Fridman clearly considers the concept outdated, and he made sure his Photoshop edits for this petitioner made that point clear.
30. Not that much closer! We’re sure, this edit couldn’t have been what the kid had in mind. Although no one can deny such a waterfall dip would be fun, as long as it’s summer time. In the words of TLC: don’t go chasing waterfalls…
31. Considering how infamous of a fashion statement the mullet was, it’s unclear what prompted this young man’s request for an edit. What can we say? Party in the front, for sure.
32. Ah, kids these days. All they want to do is emulate the Kardashian clan. In response to this request, James Fridman wanted this girl to understand that she doesn’t need to look like Kourtney, Kim or Khloe to be confident in herself.
33. Apparently, this girl was floating in the water in her senior photo, but who could tell? She wanted to make that fact clearer for the viewer. With Fridman’s edit there was not a speck of doubt, or dirt for that matter.
34. The obvious fix here would have been to crop out the man in the background, but what’s the fun in that? Per request, Jame Fridman went with a photo edit to depict ab epic stare-down instead. Touché, sir!
35. They say a beard really changes a man. It’s incredible how big a difference the absence of hair on a man’s head can make too. Just look at this guy! It’s probably not the look he had in mind for his adult years.
36. The engaged couple in the first photo is right: the two gentlemen so eloquently playing chess in the foreground are certainly out of place. It almost appears as though they were Photoshopped into the original picture to begin with! Mission complete.
37. This woman didn’t want to deal with the glass-empty-glass-full dilemma, she wanted it all. Though she probably wasn’t expecting to be literally bathing in coffee, but alas, another entertaining Photoshop edit was born.
38. What’s the crime in looking in the same direction for a bro pic? Coordinated glances can actually make for a charming photo. The designer’s touch here gave the two a little more originality though, and we can’t stop laughing.
39. Sure, because looking like a cross between a human and some bizarrely flexible alien is preferable to the original photo, right? Okay, Okay, it’s actually pretty funny. Let’s just hope this girl thinks so too.
40. Why settle for petting the ducks when you could take a swim with them instead – wearing a shirt and bow-tie while you’re at it? That must have been the logic behind Fridman’s photo edit here, and it’s quite sound.
41. Of all the scary options James could have added to this photo edit petitioner’s picture, he went with an angry grandma wielding a kitchen pan. Honestly, we don’t even have words.
42. American high school kid or Japanese Geisha? Look, no one can blame this boy for showing off his new driver’s license. But there’s no question his body temperature looks more stable flaunting this traditional Japanese fan.
43. Can you say trolling? To the max. These ladies didn’t like the look on the face of the boy who was sitting behind them. However, we can’t help but agree with James – he is absolutely adorable.
44. James clearly wasn’t a huge fan of this man telling his girlfriend what she should wear, so he decided to leave him alone with the dress of his dreams. That’s not to say long dresses can’t be nice, though.
45. This young fellow must have been feeling lonely, so he turned to James for help. The designer brightened up the room to make it more lively, and gave him a singing Michael Jackson as a companion. Should do the trick.
46. Not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera, no matter how big their muscles are. The proper solution to such a person? According to Fridman, just throw a towel over their face.
47. Those black shorts, too short? Not in this day and age. Per the request of the concerned concert-goer, James took the liberty of expertly reflecting the idea that if you can’t beat it, join it.
48. Being equal doesn’t always mean lifting up the smaller among us. Sometimes, it just means making everyone else just getting on the same level. This young lady should have been more specific with her Photoshop request to the witty James Fridman.
49. Sometimes you’re just too tired for a selfie. It’s a lot of work looking constantly looking Instagram ready. But as Fridman so elegantly proved here, there’s nothing you can’t solve with a quick prop edit. Rock on!
50. No one can be sure whether this girl’s boyfriend was actually down or just had sun in his eyes, but either way, why not have some fun with it? That was James’s take, at least.
More in Entertainment
Study Reveals Couples Who Make Fun Of Each Other Have Stronger Relationships
It doesn’t seem healthy for couples to make fun of each other. If your significant other wears socks with sandals, it’s...September 15, 2019
This Disney Merchandise Can Go For A Lot Of Money
Disney has been a powerhouse in the entertainment industry for almost a century now. Throughout the decades, they’ve released a ton...September 12, 2019
Royal Nannies Reveal What It’s Really Like To Work For The British Royal Family
For the nannies of the British royal family, raising real-life princes and princesses is all in a day's work. However, behind...September 10, 2019
Guys Are Using Snapchat’s Gender Swap Filter, And The Internet Can’t Tell The Difference
Have you ever swiped right on Tinder and thought you found “the one?” Well, that happened to over 300 men recently,...September 8, 2019
Lady Gaga Lauded For Donating Funds To Over 160 Classrooms Impacted By Mass Shootings
Lady Gaga has made a selfless decision to support students dealing with the aftermath of recent mass shootings in America. The...September 4, 2019
The Internet Can’t Agree On This Viral Equation — Can You Solve It?
The Internet is full of all forms of entertainment but this time the entertainment is coming from a very unlikely source:...August 31, 2019
Police Leave A Hilariously Sassy Note For A Careless Parking Job And The Internet Is Here For It
Knowing how to park a vehicle properly shouldn’t be rocket science. In Southlake, Texas, one motorist caught the attention of local...August 30, 2019
Epic Pranks That Are So Brilliant We Can’t Believe We Didn’t Think Of Them Ourselves
Whether you're taking revenge on somebody, indulging in April Fool's Day festivities, or just annoying someone near and dear to you,...August 27, 2019
Circus Swaps Real Animals For Holograms to End Animal Cruelty
Have you ever been to the circus? If so, then you’ll know that most shows use clowns, magicians, and acrobats to...August 24, 2019