We Can’t Stop Laughing Over This Graphic Designer Who Takes Requests For Photoshop Edits Too Literally
James Fridman is a graphic designer from London and he can doctor a photo in just about every way imaginable. With more than 1.56 million followers on Twitter, Fridman has amassed an enormous online fan base over the years. The fame brought with it numerous requests to change the appearance of various photos in different ways. One day, Fridman decided to grant some of those requests, brilliantly merging his design expertise with an astute sense of witty humor. His edits always addressed the requests themselves, but not in the way his fans might have expected. Read on to check out his masterful work. Spoiler alert: literal interpretations are pretty hilarious.
1. You know what they say about karma. These two ladies were crushing on the same guy, and the one on the right had what seemed like a brilliant plan to eliminate her competition. Spellcheck could have helped here.
2. This couple’s fairy-tale love photo would have been perfect if they were sitting closer to the center of the bench. But seeing that Photoshop wiz James Fridman takes everything literally, they should have known that “I’m” and “we’re” mean different things!
3. We get it, weight-lifting culture has taken the world by storm and everyone wants to look like Vin Diesel. But men like him practically live at the gym. Photoshop can’t replace hard-earned progress.
4. The first picture is pretty perfect as is. She’s centered across the frame, dressed fabulously and smiling toward… well, something. That’s when James Fridman decided to give her the requested wings, and in turn give us all something to smile about.
5. It’s such a bummer when a a photo comes out perfectly but something in the background ruins the moment. Like any good Photoshop editor, James misinterpreted this young lady’s request to fix her photo, and the results were exactly what she’d asked for. Thank goodness for the ambiguity of language.
6. This group of pals must have been living it up at some major event – in a platonic way, though. And the two on the right wanted to clarify that it was just that. So in his signature fashion, James Fridman was able to lend a hand, or in this case… a foot.
7. It’s not entirely clear what this young woman was expecting when she asked graphic designer extraordinaire Jame Fridman to edit her photo to make her boyfriend appear wealthy, but this is what she got. Hopefully her man doesn’t mind the nickname. It’s all about specific, people!
8. It’s normal for adolescents to wish they were older, perhaps because the mystery behind adulthood makes it seem more glamorous than it actually is. Through Photoshop, James Fridman taught these girls to be careful what they wish for.
9. This young woman’s prom date probably wasn’t so happy when he saw what James Fridman did with this photo – at her request. Okay, so she didn’t mean for it to come out that way. But, technically the request was fulfilled.
10. To adapt the old adage: the brothers who play tennis together, stay together. But when these siblings wanted James Fridman to edit the shot so they’d appear in the same outfit, he obliged to their request, of course giving it a more literal manifestation than they’d intended.
11. When requesting something a Photoshop edit from a busy professional, it’s of the utmost importance to be as specific as possible, with out room for ambiguous interpretation. Otherwise, you could end up being grossly misunderstood, like this young woman who was editing to look more like Rob Kardashian than any of his glamorous sisters.
12. It isn’t always easy to keep up with the ever-evolving makeup trends of the social media age, so it’s totally understandable that this young lady asked for some Photoshop help. For the viewing pleasure of the Internet, though, the results came out less like a makeup touch-up and more like a classroom mess up.
13. No one can blame this guy for wanting his girlfriend’s eyes to be closed in a photo of them kissing. Locking lips with your eyes open is just one of those lines you don’t cross. Enter James Fridman and his hysterically tongue-in-cheek solution.
14. As natural as body hair is, it’s not always so fun when takes up such a significant swath of a summer photo of your boyfriend. So this Twitter user appealed for a Photoshop solution by James Fridman. And all we can say is – that’s one way to do it.
15. It’s true that individuals are self-conscious about things other people don’t even notice. This young woman, for example, got it into her head that her face was a little too round. So James Fridman had some fun with the situation.
16. Although Teletubbies were designed to entertain children, they have apparently generated a great deal of fear among some people over the years. And the truth is, being chased by the children’s TV characters would more likely than not extract a response like the one James Fridman saw fit in this Photoshop edit.
17. When dealing with Photoshop edits, we’re sure graphic designer James Fridman has had his fair share of out-of-this-world requests. Well, in this case, the flipped the logic and voilà! Sorry, no intergalactic backgrounds around here. We hope she at least had a chuckle over the creative interpretation.
18. We don’t always plan our photos, and the woman in the middle seems to have upset her friend with the direction of her glance. Unfortunately, James Fridman might have created a bigger (albeit funnier) problem with his solution. Technically, though, he did what she asked.
19. This girlfriend apparently didn’t accept her partner’s proportions for what they were, so our ever-favorite cheeky Photoshop pro decided to teach her a little lesson, of course all in the name of humor.
20. This girl was perfectly satisfied with her selfie, except for one thing. The position of her hand was a little random. The graphic designer disagreed, and thus offered her a different solution with a clever caption.
21. Listen, some people just don’t smile with their mouth open. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. However, that’s not what this Twitter user felt when she sent this snap to the Photoshop wiz. Not quite the aesthetic she was likely going for, but that’s one way to get another set of pearly whites in the frame.
22. Although bald shaming is never acceptable, no one can argue that this man’s cranium kind of ruins this shot. That’s not to say the designer’s Photoshop edit is any less distracting.
23. This guy should have been content with earning his degree – it’s no easy feat. Instead, he wanted to have his cake and eat it too. It takes years of hard work to afford a super expensive luxury car, man! Hey, nothing easy comes free.
24. Say it with us: context is key. James Fridman took some liberty in interpenetrating this guy’s message, but who’s to say it won’t help him with his goal of attracting the ladies? Even making sure to use capital case isn’t safe when it comes to this Photoshop maverick.
25. Sweet sibling shots are a great way to promote your values on dating apps. Then again, you need to clarify which of the bunch you are. As such, the brother on the left wanted a Photoshop edit to make the distinction. We wonder what Tinder would take of it?
26. Municipal signs might not be the most visually-pleasing in social media-worthy pictures, but they’re place where they are for good reason. Upon request for an edit, Fridman decided to show this woman how her picture might have looked had the sign she objected to not been there. Funny – check. Clever – check.
27. The brilliant caption Fridman provided to accompany his graphic design work here proves he is also a clever copywriter. Fridman was able to eliminate this girl’s problem with Photoshop while throwing in a poetic touch. To be honest, we’re not sure which version is more likely to ‘start anything.’
28. This girl somehow got it into her head that she isn’t perfect the way she is, and rather than going for some kind of snarky edit, James decided to respond like any kind human being should. Needless to say, Twitter loved it.
29. Who came up with the idea that a girl should be shorter than her boyfriend? James Fridman clearly considers the concept outdated, and he made sure his Photoshop edits for this petitioner made that point clear.
30. Not that much closer! We’re sure, this edit couldn’t have been what the kid had in mind. Although no one can deny such a waterfall dip would be fun, as long as it’s summer time. In the words of TLC: don’t go chasing waterfalls…
31. Considering how infamous of a fashion statement the mullet was, it’s unclear what prompted this young man’s request for an edit. What can we say? Party in the front, for sure.
32. Ah, kids these days. All they want to do is emulate the Kardashian clan. In response to this request, James Fridman wanted this girl to understand that she doesn’t need to look like Kourtney, Kim or Khloe to be confident in herself.
33. Apparently, this girl was floating in the water in her senior photo, but who could tell? She wanted to make that fact clearer for the viewer. With Fridman’s edit there was not a speck of doubt, or dirt for that matter.
34. The obvious fix here would have been to crop out the man in the background, but what’s the fun in that? Per request, Jame Fridman went with a photo edit to depict ab epic stare-down instead. Touché, sir!
35. They say a beard really changes a man. It’s incredible how big a difference the absence of hair on a man’s head can make too. Just look at this guy! It’s probably not the look he had in mind for his adult years.
36. The engaged couple in the first photo is right: the two gentlemen so eloquently playing chess in the foreground are certainly out of place. It almost appears as though they were Photoshopped into the original picture to begin with! Mission complete.
37. This woman didn’t want to deal with the glass-empty-glass-full dilemma, she wanted it all. Though she probably wasn’t expecting to be literally bathing in coffee, but alas, another entertaining Photoshop edit was born.
38. What’s the crime in looking in the same direction for a bro pic? Coordinated glances can actually make for a charming photo. The designer’s touch here gave the two a little more originality though, and we can’t stop laughing.
39. Sure, because looking like a cross between a human and some bizarrely flexible alien is preferable to the original photo, right? Okay, Okay, it’s actually pretty funny. Let’s just hope this girl thinks so too.
40. Why settle for petting the ducks when you could take a swim with them instead – wearing a shirt and bow-tie while you’re at it? That must have been the logic behind Fridman’s photo edit here, and it’s quite sound.
41. Of all the scary options James could have added to this photo edit petitioner’s picture, he went with an angry grandma wielding a kitchen pan. Honestly, we don’t even have words.
42. American high school kid or Japanese Geisha? Look, no one can blame this boy for showing off his new driver’s license. But there’s no question his body temperature looks more stable flaunting this traditional Japanese fan.
43. Can you say trolling? To the max. These ladies didn’t like the look on the face of the boy who was sitting behind them. However, we can’t help but agree with James – he is absolutely adorable.
44. James clearly wasn’t a huge fan of this man telling his girlfriend what she should wear, so he decided to leave him alone with the dress of his dreams. That’s not to say long dresses can’t be nice, though.
45. This young fellow must have been feeling lonely, so he turned to James for help. The designer brightened up the room to make it more lively, and gave him a singing Michael Jackson as a companion. Should do the trick.
46. Not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera, no matter how big their muscles are. The proper solution to such a person? According to Fridman, just throw a towel over their face.
47. Those black shorts, too short? Not in this day and age. Per the request of the concerned concert-goer, James took the liberty of expertly reflecting the idea that if you can’t beat it, join it.
48. Being equal doesn’t always mean lifting up the smaller among us. Sometimes, it just means making everyone else just getting on the same level. This young lady should have been more specific with her Photoshop request to the witty James Fridman.
49. Sometimes you’re just too tired for a selfie. It’s a lot of work looking constantly looking Instagram ready. But as Fridman so elegantly proved here, there’s nothing you can’t solve with a quick prop edit. Rock on!
50. No one can be sure whether this girl’s boyfriend was actually down or just had sun in his eyes, but either way, why not have some fun with it? That was James’s take, at least.
More in Entertainment
How LaCroix Sparkling Water Went From Humble Midwestern Beginnings To Huge Internet Era Hit
LaCroix sparkling water has become a must-have for anyone who is looking for something to drink that is more interesting than...May 14, 2019
The Twitterverse Is Sharing Some Of Their Most OMG Brain Fart Moments, And It’s Too Good
Ever had a brain fart that was so funny that you just had to share it? Thanks to a Cambridge professor’s...May 6, 2019
Groomer Posts Hilarious Poster In Response To Claims Of ‘Exorbitant Prices’
It looks easy enough, washing and styling a dog’s hair, giving manicures and making pets look like a million dollars. Laura...May 6, 2019
How This Seemingly Innocent Photo Of Two Toddlers Sparked A Hugely Heated Online Debate
Twitter is embroiled in yet another controversy! @TheMedicalShots is an account with nearly a quarter of a million followers. The account...May 6, 2019
5 Super Relatable Tweets About Life For Anyone In Their 30s
Have you hit your thirties yet? If so, you’ll probably agree that your nights of partying until dawn are over. Long...May 4, 2019
Here’s What’s Really Behind The Rumors Of Swedish YouTube Star ‘PewDiePie’ Leaving YouTube
YouTube fans started panicking in April 2019, thinking it was the end of an era. The popular YouTuber PewDiePie announced that...May 4, 2019
Emilia Clarke Opens Up About Health Scare That Struck Her Twice During ‘Game Of Thrones’ Filming
Emilia Clarke plays one of the strongest characters in one of the hottest series on TV. As Daenerys Targaryen, The Mother...May 4, 2019
This Woman Saved Amazon Boxes For Months To Pull Hilarious Prank On Husband
Maureen Pritchard of Green Bay, WI had the best prank in mind to trick her husband Rob on April Fools’ Day....April 30, 2019
#TrashTag: How A Meme Is Making The World Cleaner One Post At A Time
Social media has the power to spread ideas like wildfire. Although the silliest ideas usually get the most attention, there are times...April 29, 2019