1. Almost everyone has been there, struggling while trying to maneuver a huge bucket to fit into a shallow sink. But those days are over. Just grab a dust pan. Problem solved.
2. It is a grade-A tragedy to run out of AA batteries right at the moment when they are most needed. But it does not have to be. Instead, use some AAA batteries and a little bit of aluminum foil.
3. The greatest DIY life hack since sliced bread. Turning a slotted toaster on its side creates the world’s most perfect pizza toaster. An easy way to heat pizza is no longer a “pie in the sky” idea.
4. On a hot summer day, there is nothing as refreshing as an ice cold soda and a run through a sprinkler. Don’t have a sprinkler? Well, guzzle down that soda, poke a few holes in it, and get some tape.
5. In the age-old competitive challenge of “how many of these grocery bags can we bring in without hurting ourselves,” this broom-wielding man has officially won. That’s it. The rest of us can all go home.
6. Having a broken flip flop is definitely a flop. And in the summer it seems like everyone has been there. But one Reddit user has been able to solve this problem with a life hack that includes something as simple as a paper clip.
7. Pot, meet iron. One genius Reddit user posted this quick life hack for anyone who has gone for too long without an iron. Just boil some water in a pot, place it over the wrinkly clothing, and watch the magic unfold.
8. A public restroom without a properly working lock can make a bathroom a little too public. But this life hack eliminates the bathroom based anxiety, and keeps anyone’s private time a little more private.
9. Dropping a book into the bathtub can easily turn a moment of relaxation into a scary story. This life hack might not be the oldest trick in the book, but it works. Just attach a hook and a retractable leash, and the rest writes itself.
10. This genius Reddit user solved the problem of a loose pant zipper by attaching it to a key ring and looping it around a pant button. Once the button is closed, no one will know it is there.
11. There are two things Americans love: avocados and beverage koozies. And this life hack caters to both of those loves. According to one Reddit user, putting a hard avocado in a koozie ripens it in less than a day.
12. Why is it that hotel curtains never seem to be able to close all the way? We might not ever know the answer to this age old question, but now we know a solution. Grab a pant hanger (usually provided by the hotel) and enjoy the darkness.
13. Carving out holes in ceilings can lead to a huge mess, with dust raining down onto just about everything. We know the drill. But avoid the stress of a mess by attaching the bottom of a plastic cup to the drill’s base and say goodbye to dust storms.
14. Tangled wires can be a real nightmare. Save all of that time spent tugging on wires to figure out which is which, and instead create easy plug labels out of bread bag clips.
15. TV trays are a thing of the past. Take a note from this clever Reddit user, and turn a toilet seat into a convenient table. Please just make sure it is clean first.
16. For any projects that involve drilling, take the item and photocopy it. Then use that photocopy as the perfect way to know exactly where to drill, instead of wasting unnecessary time and making unnecessary holes.
17. Sometimes eating a bag of Cheetos means we have to sacrifice the use of our hands for the next few hours. The cheese dust always seems to permanently stick around. Instead, whip out a pair of chopsticks and don’t get caught orange handed.
18. Need to test a battery? According to Reddit users, just drop a battery lightly on a table, positive side down. If it bounces, replace the battery. If it doesn’t, the battery is good to go.
19. We recommend that anyone who uses this life hack does it in the privacy of their own home. Who knew that a hooded sweatshirt was actually just a bowl we wear on our heads. So much unused potential!
20. We are not going to go ahead and say that Lego predicted the future. But we will say that Lego toy hands suspiciously are the perfect size to fit around a standard iPhone cord.
21. This life hack is for the person with too many miles to drive on the road and too many pool toys. Take a foam pool noodle, cut it in half, and enjoy this on-the-road luxury.
22. Even phones need a little relaxation. For outlets in high places, secure a phone by wrapping the charger cord into this cozy little hammock contraption, and enjoy this smart life hack for any smartphone.
23. Getting a bunch of cereal crumbs, or “cereal dust” can ruin an otherwise perfectly good bowl of breakfast nosh. Get the most out of the end of a cereal box by filtering the end with a colander.
24. For anyone who has faced the challenge of having too much clean clothing and not enough clothing line, try this smart drying method for getting the most out of a small space.
25. Closet space can become prime real estate. Don’t take up too much room with small, thin items. Instead, take some shower curtain hooks, attach them to a hanger, and free up some much needed wardrobe room.
No Vacancy: These Abandoned Hotels Are Leaving Us Creeped Out And Fascinated
Would you want a room with this view? From the totally decaying to the beautifully eerie, every one of these abandoned hotels have a haunting and heartbreaking story about how they went from bustling tourist destinations to gloomy reminders of what once was. So check out where visitors once checked in: it’s time for a trip to heartbreak hotel.
Was The Baker Street Robbery A Bizarre Bank Heist — Or A Cover-Up Ordered by the Queen?
The Baker Street Robbery is one of the most notorious and costly bank robberies in Britain’s history. Without a single alarm sounding, and without the use of any weapons, a team of robbers pulled off the astounding heist and ultimately made off with nearly £3 million (with an estimated £30m today). Their loot included cash, jewels — and possibly secrets directly from the British royal family.
This Doping Scandal Shook The Sports World. Here’s How They Did It.
Throughout the years, the sporting world has been rife with scandal. But one Russian doping plot would soon become known as one of the world’s biggest and most shocking sports scandals ever. What’s more, its roots lead up from thousands of Olympic athletes — all the way to the Russian government itself. So how did they (nearly) get away with it?